Source: The AMTA Web Site
The American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) is the largest non-profit, professional association serving massage therapists, massage students and massage schools, with more than 56,000 members.
AMTA provides our members with the strongest benefits in the profession. We promote massage to the public, the healthcare community, and other important groups. We work for fair licensing of massage in all states, and actively support research. Your voice is heard in AMTA as we are governed by massage therapists. And, we provide a wealth of local and national networking and continuing education opportunities.
Mission Statement: To serve AMTA members while advancing the art, science and practice of massage therapy.
- We are a diverse and nurturing community working with integrity, honesty and dignity.
- We are a nonprofit member-driven organization of ethical professionals.
- We embrace excellence in education, service, and leadership.
- We endorse professional standards and support fair regulation of massage therapy.
- We believe that massage benefits all.